Dr Iris Wang
56 Neridah St
Chatswood, NSW 2067
02 9904 7389
Level 2 74/76 Burwood Rd
Burwood, NSW 2134
02 9904 7389
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Iris Wang is a highly respected private Sydney-based fertility specialist.
As the first female doctor in NSW to receive the Certificate in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (CREI), Irisí high level of expertise across all aspects of reproductive health is strengthened by her wealth of experience.
Caring and dedicated, Iris supports patients with a range of fertility and gynaecological concerns. Gynaecological patients can return to her for fertility advice, and IVF and fertility patients often also choose her for obstetric care. Iris enjoys getting to know each of her patients, tailoring her care to their history and concerns, and being part of their journey.
Her expertise covers all areas of infertility, obstetrics and gynaecology, but she specialises in treating patients with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), anovulation, amenorrhoea, female infertility, recurrent pregnancy loss and menstrual disorders, and in IVF and egg freezing.
Iris is also fluent in Mandarin, and is popular with Sydney-based Asian patients who value her cultural understanding and holistic level of care.
Iris consults four days a week at her private practice in Chatswood NSW and one day a week at IVF Australia, Burwood NSW.
- M.B., B.S. (University of Sydney)
- M.D. (University of Sydney)
- Internship and residency: Royal Prince Alfred Hospital NSW
- Registrar in Obstetrics & Gynaecology: King George V Hospital, RPAH NSW
- Senior Registrar: St. George Hospital, NSW
- Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility: University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC Canada
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gyanecologists
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Member of the Australian Medical Association
- Member of the Australian Chinese Medical Association
- Member of the Medical Women's Society of NSW
- Private practice in Obstetrics & Gynaecology; Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (1995- present)
- VMO at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (1997-2012)
- VMO at Mater Hospital (2000 - present)
- IVFA Clinician (2001- present)
Publications: Abstracts in Peer Reviewed International Meetings
- XIV FIGO World Congress (Montreal, Canada, September 26 - 30,1994)
Abstract & Oral Presentation
Wang IYS, Fluker, MR, Rowe, TC. Extended clomiphene therapy, an alternative treatment for anovulatory patients resistant to standard regime
- American Fertility Society 50th Annual Meeting (San Antonio, Texas, November 5 -10, 1994)
Abstract & Oral Presentation
Wang, IYS, Machan, L, McComb, PF. The role of fluoroscopic transcervical tubal cannulation in the treatment of proximal tubal occlusion
- Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society Annual Meeting (Calgary, June 26 - 28 1995)
Abstract & Poster presentation
Wang, IYS, Stephenson, MD, Fluker, MR. IVF response in women with mullerian anomalies.
PUBLICATIONS: Peer Reviewed Journals
- Wang IYS. Fraser IS. Lysosomes: an important mediator in the female reproductive tract. Obstet Gynecol Surv 1989; 45: 18-33.
- Wang IYS, Peat B, Fraser IS. Experiences of laparoscopic salpingostomy in the treatment of tubal pregnancy in King George V Hospital. Aust & N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 1992; 32: 367-70.
- Wang IYS, Fraser IS. Reproductive function and contraception in the postpartum period. Obstet Gynecol Surv 1994; 49: 56-63.
- Wang IYS, Rowe TC. Shedding light on endometriosis. Can J Diagn 1994; 11: 58-73.
- Wang IYS, Russell P, Fraser IS. Endometrial morphometry in menorrhagia sufferers and users of intrauterine contraceptive devices. A comparison with normal endometrium. Contraception 1995; 51: 243-8.
- Gomel V, Wang I. Laparoscopic surgery for infertility therapy. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 1994; 6: 141-8.
- Fluker MR, Wang IY, Rowe TC. An extended 10 - day course of clomiphene citrate (CC) in women with CC-resistant ovulatory disorders. Fertil Steril 1996; 66: 761-4.
- Wang IYS, Fraser IS. Diagnosis and Treating Pelvic Infections. Current Therapeutics Jul 1997: 37-45.
- Fraser IS, Wang IYS. Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding in “How to Treat”, Australian Doctors, 15th August 1997: I - VI.
- Wang, IYS., Cornillie, FJ, Barsamian, S, Street, D, Manconi, F, and Fraser, IS Endometrial lysosomal enzyme activity in normal cycling endometrium. Mol. Hum. Reprod. 1999; 5: 79-83.
- Wang, IY, Fraser IS, Barsamian SP, Manconi F, Street DJ, Cornillie, FJ and Russell, P. Endometrial lysosomal enzyme activity in ovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleeding, IUCD users and post-partum women. Mol. Hum. Reprod. 2000; 6: 258-263.
- Wang IY. Diagnosis and management of ectopic pregnancy. Medicine Today 2007; 8 (10): 14-26.
- Wang IY. A woman with a postpartum genital tract infection. Clinical Case Review. Medicine Today 2016;17(7):74-76.